This morning I realized the two month anniversary of going public with Naked Girl in a Dress was this week. The one month anniversary was big. Really big. The party was fun, the huge increase in traffic was great, and I loved having Darren Rowse visit my site.
This morning I thought about what I have accomplished in month two of this writing adventure. I am pleased with the effort I have made and the results achieved.
A few highlights from the second month:
1. Last week I was approached by a larger blogger to be a monthly contributing writer on her blog.
2. This week I was accepted for a writing position I applied for with a large blog magazine.
3. My Twitter followers are almost at 600 after 8 weeks of tweeting.
4. I have met and been inspired by countless talented bloggers.
5. My readership has increased significantly. But, most important to me, these readers are all wonderful people whom I am glad to have met through my blog (except for the ONE crazy-trying to erase that from my mind).
6. I almost have enough ad revenue to reload my Starbucks card.
In addition to the progress on the blog, I have made progress in my life. Two weeks ago I wrote about feeling hopeless. I hit a low point in the divorce process and everything in life felt so overwhelming. I worked diligently all summer, with mediation every 14 days, and do not even have a draft agreement to show for the effort.
With each passing day from that low point, I feel more hopeful. Great things happening for my blog, supportive readers leaving words of encouragement, friends reassuring me, and these new writing opportunities have a lot to do with feeling better. Stepping out of my comfort level and facing a fear helped too.
And, it’s a beautiful day. In the DC area we are enjoying blue skies, low humidity, and cooler temperatures.
“It’s a beautiful day. Don’t let it get away.”
Enjoy your weekend.