One of the best feelings is when someone publicly recognizes my greatness. It’s even better when I am touted as being fabulous and on a short list with writers from such esteemed blogs as The Bloggess and The Manwife Chronicles. Last week, for example, CV from Cubicle Views, awarded me the Very Inspiring Blogger Award along with these other awesome bloggers. And, with over 200 million blogs in existence, it’s impressive to be singled out by CV as one of nine great blogs. I believe this means I am one of the top ten blogs in the world since CV chose to name me over the other 199,999,990 blogs in existence. Recognizing my greatness at this level even astounds me!
Besides being publicly recognized for my incredible talent and it becoming known how well respected I am by my peers, I was excited for the opportunity to follow the few rules laid out; I am to share at least seven things about me, and then to pay it forward by awarding at least seven other bloggers with this distinguished honor.
After writing in detail for years about everything from my ET-shaped toes to my dating mishaps, there isn’t much I feel I could share that is new. Instead, I am posing an assortment of questions to myself to answer.
8 Random Facts about Me:
What would I find in your refrigerator right now?
Jambalaya, 2 bottles of wine, more butter than we need, Diet Coke, homemade chicken stock, and lots of fruits and veggies.
What was the last movie you went to see?
If you could be any character in fiction (film or novel), whom would you be?
Right now it would be Dowager Countess of Grantham.
If someone wrote a biography about you, what should the title be?
Naked Girl in a Dress
If you won $20 million in the lottery, what would you do with the money?
Visit a different foreign country each year, buy a vacation home, give to two charities I like to support, build up a fabulous wine cellar, buy season tickets to Nats, make sure our five kids can comfortably attend college with no debt, and remodel the master bathroom. I would still work, doing exactly what I am doing today, but I would probably take more time off each year.
If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be?
To freeze time whenever I wanted (so I could catch up on everything when behind).
What is the last book you read?
If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional. with whom would it be?
I would like to trade places for a week with a few different people, especially writers I admire, so this is tough. I will say my answer at this moment is Bryce Harper. I would love to know what it feels like to play pro ball.
As for seven people I will pass this award along to, here’s my list (in no particular order):
- Rubber Chicken Madness for striving to be her best, having a great understanding of priorities, and tirelessly seeking out balance.
- Avitable for making me laugh each time I visit, and creating the best series ever: Dead Celebrity Interviews. When someone famous dies, his site is the first place you should visit.
- The Bloggess for being able to be outrageously funny, but also address serious topics. Her range of writing, big heart, and huge following is inspiring.
- Live Love Work is my go-to place for inspiration and balance.
- Sex, Lies, and Bacon for fearlessly redefining herself, and loving herself more in the process.
- Fancy Feet for being filled with beautiful writing and inspiration.
- ProBlogger is the most inspiring and educational source I have found for writing and working in this medium. Disclaimer: this has nothing to do with the shrine I have built in my house for Darren.
After you have left the proper accolades here, and requested my address to send me gifts, please go visit these seven sites and let them know the Naked Girl sent you.
One more thing before you leave to visit these great writers: comment below with the answer to one of the questions I answered above.