After a four-day holiday weekend that was at a relaxed pace, I spent Tuesday and Wednesday sick. I did my best to work on key projects, but found I was drained of energy and needed to focus on recovery. While a frenetic pace is sometimes thrust upon us, so too can taking time to rest. I found time spent moving at a slower pace the past seven days has been a much-needed respite to breathe a little deeper and see all that is wonderful around me.
When life is busy and hectic, sometimes beyond our control, it is hard to slow down to count blessings. This week was a gift to do just that: focus on gratitude. As I ease into my weekend, here are ten things I am grateful for at this moment (in no particular order):
- A bonus weekend with my children (my ex is out of town this weekend).
- The Boyfriend.
- The books in my Kindle queue waiting to be devoured.
- Gluten-free graham crackers so I can eat s’mores with the kids.
- Washington Nationals, Bethesda Big Train (collegiate summer league), and my son’s 9U kid pitch teams.
- Heirloom tomatoes.
- My iPhone.
- Spring/summer thunderstorms.
What are you grateful for today?
For Song of the Week I am sharing an artist I am grateful for: Norah Jones. She is my go-to musician when I am in that lazy, laid-back mood. Here’s “Sunrise.”